privilege explain plan top sessions all_objects

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 May 2003 16:41:09 -0700

[Quoted] Oracle 8.1.7.2 hp-ux 11.0 OEM 2.2 W2K Pro

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with a vendor supplied OCI generated bit of sql that throws an ORA-923 (perhaps because it is looking up it's own list of tables, for a table that it doesn't know about because it was added through Oracle - whatever). I'm looking at the cursors through Top Sessions, at where it's code is getting a list of tables and views from Oracle. I'm logged in as SYSTEM, which has the DBA role, including select any table. Most of the cursors I can get an explain plan on, but on this particular one it tells me ORA-1039, insufficient privileges on underlying objects of the view. Then it shows me the code with no explain plan. The code (owner obscured by me) is:

 SELECT DECODE (OBJECT_TYPE,'TABLE','T','VIEW','V','X') FROM ALL_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_NAME = :1 AND OWNER = 'XXXXX' Which view do I have insufficient privilege on? System can certainly see sys.obj$ and sys.user$ and the owner has select on them. Or is this telling me that the owner can't look at it's own ALL_OBJECTS? Or does the owner have to grant something on ALL_OBJECTS to system? Or did I miss something about explain plan and sys objects? Or is OEM unsure how privilege works?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"Sorry I have a large backlog right now, please ask a question later."