Re: userid/password when using ifrun60.exe

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:17:12 -0800

Iris wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently when we setup ifrun60.exe icon in users' pc (Windows
> 95/98/), the Oracle is in VMS, we hardcode the userid/password in the
> shortcut, that userid is oracle accout.
> Right now for security reason, manager want to users enter password
> when they log on the application. I want to keep the old oracle
> password for each user.
> and link that oracle id to user Windows account (in the network), when
> users log on windows, there is some codes check the oracle id
> according to the windows account. How can I do it?
>
> For example in VMS, user accout is FAZ, in the oracle there is the
> account OPS$FAZ automatically, so user does not need to know the his
> oracle password(we hardcode in the VMS script), just enter the VMS
> password and click the application icon to log on the application
> system.
>
> How can I do same thing in Windows? For example user's windows account
> is FAZ123, how can I link it to the oracle account OPS$FAZ? when the
> other guy log on the windows in FAZ's pc using other account, some
> codes check this window's accout is not FAZ123, so it can not link to
> oracle OPS$FAZ, then he can not log on the application system.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Iris

Why bother to have security if you are going to effectively disable it?

What is the big deal about someone typing in their user-id and password? If it is too much of a challenge for them perhaps the company needs to rethink its hiring policies.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Mar 28 2003 - 17:17:12 CET

Original text of this message