Re: jdeveloper 9.0.3 work with jdk.1.4

From: cdandoy <cdandoy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2003 11:26:23 -0800

Ryan,

The JDK used to run JDeveloper and the JDK JDeveloper uses to run your application are two different things.

The procedure for running your application with another JDK is indeed explained in the help.
It is important to run InstallOJVM.bat or you will not have all the nice debugger and profiler features.

The SetJavaHome option in jdev.conf specifies what JDK to use to run JDeveloper itself and this must be a JDK 1.3. Since JDev is distributed with the right JDK on Windows, Windows users should not change this option. On other platforms, you must download the JDK separately and then point the SetJavaHome option to the directory where you installed the JDK.

-Cedric
 JDev team.