Re: SQL client at home to connect to University Oracle??

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:51:25 +0100

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:31:37 -0000, "Laurie" <lawr_1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is there a SQL client software that can be installed on my home machine that
>allows me to connect to my University Oracle database over the internet? I
>dont want to install Oracle (its over 2Gb) when all I will be doing is using
>it to connect to my University DB. I've heared about sql*net which may do
>what I want but I cannot seem to find it for download anywhere, not even
>oracle site.
>Thanks
>
>Laurie

It doesn't exist anymore as a separate package, so you have 2 options 1 download the product (IIRC local phone calls are FOC in the US) 2 order the CD at the Oracle Store for $45

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 00:51:25 CET

Original text of this message