Re: SQL client at home to connect to University Oracle??

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:56:33 GMT

lawr_1_at_hotmail.com said...
> Is there a SQL client software that can be installed on my home machine that
> allows me to connect to my University Oracle database over the internet? I
> dont want to install Oracle (its over 2Gb) when all I will be doing is using
> it to connect to my University DB. I've heared about sql*net which may do
> what I want but I cannot seem to find it for download anywhere, not even
> oracle site.
> Thanks
>
> Laurie

You'd be better off if you can telnet to the University's database server and access the database locally. You'd need an O/S account. If you can't do that, then you'll have to go for a full (huge) Oracle client install on your PC, which includes the SQL*Net component.

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA