Oracle DB via Access - Still C/S?

From: Tim Marshall <Sabot_at_Spam.On>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:09:02 -0330

[Quoted] Crossposted to comp.databases.ms-access and comp.databases.oracle.tools

I do plenty of apps with Access as the application and Oracle as the database using ODBC and Access SQL against linked Oracle tables as well as Access pass through queries (using Oracle SQL against the ODBC DSN).

Is such an arrangement still considered to be a client server application? This question may belie my uncertainty about the exact definitions of a client server application (what I believe most of the Omnis/Oracle, Powerbuilder/Oracle I am familiar with are) versus a file server app.

Thanks in advance for any comments on this subject. I apologise for the [Quoted] cross post, but felt the question was relevant to both groups.

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
 ^o<