Re: Oracle DB via Access - Still C/S?

From: Tim Marshall <tmarshal_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:34:03 -0330

Thank you to all for your thoughts, both here and what was emailed to me.

To be honest, I've seen the sorts of things Jason has talked about in my system and I've found that more than a few joins of Oracle linked tables in Access using the Access query design grid or Access SQL tends to lose data. That may be a flaw in the Oracle structure I am using (it's a commercial app our university is using to track maintenance), but, as Larry said, pass through queries avoid those sorts of problems when they occur. In any event, I find pass throughs much much faster than using linked tables.

Thanks very much to you all again.

--
Tim - http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
 ^o<