Re: navigation through (sql)menu by commandos

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 04 Dec 2002 08:39:36 +1100

[Quoted] "Ronald" <ra.veloo_at_wanadoo.nl> writes:

> Would it be possible to do the following from within a Unix shell file:
>
> (1) start the application (I know this so far)
> (2) navigating through the (sql) menu
> (3) similation a Key press event on the keyboard.
>
> If this would be possible I would be able to schedule the performance this
> macro like shell file with the at commando.
> Is something like this possible and how do I simulate key strokes with Unix
> commando´s?

[Quoted] Not quite clear on what you mean by an (SQL) menu, but have a look at the expect scripting language. This is a tcl based scripting language designed to automate interactions with interactive programs and is available for most unix platforms.

You also probably want to use cron rather than at to automate the process.

Tim

--
Tim X.
tcross (at) northnet com au