Re: navigation through (sql)menu by commandos

From: Ronald <ra.veloo_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 15:37:04 GMT

Tim,

You got it right!
[Quoted] I just want to perform some action within an application in a scheduled fashion.
The UNIX type I am using is AIX from IBM. So, I do have to look for some manual concerning scripting language, isn't it?

Ronald.

"Tim X" <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com> schreef in bericht news:87ptsi4w9z.fsf_at_blind-bat.une.edu.au...
> "Ronald" <ra.veloo_at_wanadoo.nl> writes:
>
> > Would it be possible to do the following from within a Unix shell file:
> >
> > (1) start the application (I know this so far)
> > (2) navigating through the (sql) menu
> > (3) similation a Key press event on the keyboard.
> >
> > If this would be possible I would be able to schedule the performance
this
> > macro like shell file with the at commando.
> > Is something like this possible and how do I simulate key strokes with
Unix