Re: Executing F50RUN32.EXe in a BAT file

From: Luc Bosman <l.bosman_nospam_at_iile.be>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:08:47 +0100

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:57:21 +0100, "Joost Bataille" <ja_at_nee.be> wrote:

>"Luc Bosman" <l.bosman_nospam_at_iile.be> wrote in message

>> Why not simply put your forms on shared directoy on the server?
>> A small shortcut on each workstation and it's always allright.
>> I do it for 80 workstations and there is no problem at all.
>
>Indeed, that sounds like a good solution. Then also add the variable
>FORMS50_PATH to the registry that points to the shared directory so Forms
>can find menu's and called fmx's.

Just for information and to share.
In fact, I have actually 3 huge forms applications. Each have is on directory but common menu, icons, pll... for a common use and look. Some forms must be available in each application like forms for application security, definition of users, menu, access to various forms and so on (this the sec application). So how is it working?
Easy and without modification of the registry. Each application start with menu.fmx. Menu.fmx display a treeview (based on a table in that application scheme) of available forms and reports. Each forms have a display name and a technical name. The 3 first letters of the technical name indicate the name of the application. With them , menu.fmx read a file 'app.ini' where he can find the location of the form/report to open . Directroy structure:
INI (containt app.ini, menu.fmx, common menu and pll and dll)

  |--- SEC (security & application management, access by all applications)
  |      |---- report (reports yeeeeeees ;-) )
  |      |---- Forms  (try to find by yourself)
  |--- GMA (gear management)
  |      |---- report
  |      |---- Forms
  |--- SPC (human ressource management)
         |---- report (reports yeeeeeees ;-) )
         |---- Forms  (try to find by yourself)
and so on

App.ini:
[SEC]
FORMS=..\sec
TITRE=Sécurité

[SPC]
TITRE=Gestion Centralisée du Personnel
ICON=spc
FORMS=..\spc\forms
REPORTS=..\spc\report
PHOTO=G:\photos

[GMA]
TITRE=Gestion du materiel
icon=gma
FORMS=..\gma\forms
REPORTS=..\gma\report

Shortcut for each application is simply D:\ORANT\BIN\ifrun60.EXE menu userid=gma (or SPC and so on) The menu.fmx do a read of app.ini to change the runtime icon, a logon in a security schema, read a table with userid where it find the real userid and password for that application, logon in the real schema and display the application menu in a treeview.

--
Luc Bosman
DEV/2000 Software Engineer