Re: Developer runtime

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:29:04 -0500

[Quoted] There have been posted work-arounds for this..

One way is to install the runtime-only ( from an Oracle-less machine) to a network drive that all your clients can have access to..

[Quoted] Export the new registry hive HKLM/Software/Oracle...

[Quoted] On each client..Import the registry entries and place the run-time bin directories in their PATH list...

[Quoted] ( Only do this on machines where No Oracle is installed ( unless you do not mind making it unusable) as it will overwrite [Quoted] the existing HKLM/Software/Oracle entry...) Now you only have to keep one location updated..

hth

[Quoted] "André Clérmont" <clermand_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks!
>But is there an automatic installation of the ONLY runtime?
>I can't believe that I have to go to all my clients and execute :
>1) forms developer installation
>-- custom and choose only runtime
>2) reports developer installation
>-- custom installation and choose only runtime
>3) apply the last patchset
>!!!!!
>"Hilary Band" <hband_at_csc.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "Andr Cl rmont" <clermand_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I need to install a number of client for Developer 6i.
>> > Someone can tell me where I can find only the runtime installation?
>> > Thanks
>>
>> You do this from the installation CD (the same one you used to install
>> the Builder tools). When installing, select Custom Installation
>> instead of Typical Installation. This will take you to a screen when
>> you can select which components to install. Select the runtime
>> elements you require and install them.
>>
>> HTH

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! [Quoted] -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 19:29:04 CEST

Original text of this message