Re: Oracle Discoverer ?!

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:44:54 GMT

HKNet wrote:

> I found that there are 3 kinds of Oracle Discoverer products. What should
> my company purchase within a tight budget?
>
> 1. Oracle Discoverer Desktop Edition (client server based)
> 2. Oracle 9i AS Enterprise Edition (web browser based)
> 3. Oracle Internet developer suite including Discoverer Administration
> Edition
>
> Anybody can help me to answer the question?
>
> By the way, does Oracle 9i Database software package include Oracle 9i AS
> and Discoverer? If so, purchasing a Oracle 9i Database for NT is the 4th
> choose.
>
> Thanks.

The database is one product.
[Quoted] The web server (9iAS) another (whether it includes Discoverer I am not sure) Discoverer generally is part of the Developer Suite with Forms, Reports, and Designer.

Your mileage may vary. Go to http://www.oracle.com and look up the features and determine what you need. Go to http://store.oracle.com and look at pricing and what you get for your dollars.

Oracle has many different licensing models. Which one you choose, as a small company, should be based upon your needs and budget.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 19:44:54 CEST

Original text of this message