Re: Developer runtime

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:47:28 +0200

[Quoted] comments embedded

"TurkBear" <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us> wrote in message

> There have been posted work-arounds for this..
>
> One way is to install the runtime-only ( from an
Oracle-less machine) to a network drive that all your clients can have
> access to..
>
> Export the new registry hive
HKLM/Software/Oracle...

> On each client..Import the registry entries and
place the run-time bin directories in their PATH list...

> ( Only do this on machines where No Oracle is
installed ( unless you do not mind making it unusable) as it will overwrite
> the existing HKLM/Software/Oracle entry...)
> Now you only have to keep one location updated..
>
> hth

The example TurkBear outlines is the solution we are using, but we have
expanded it a bit by setting the needed registry HKLM entries at startup.

That is, the clients invoke a bat file (on the server) which will
set (SET FORMSxx_PATH= ... etc.) all off the needed Oracle env.
vars. and start the runtime/apps.

Regards,
Keld

> "André Clérmont" <clermand_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks!
> >But is there an automatic installation of the
ONLY runtime?
> >I can't believe that I have to go to all my
clients and execute :
> >1) forms developer installation
> >-- custom and choose only runtime
> >2) reports developer installation
> >-- custom installation and choose only runtime
> >3) apply the last patchset
> >!!!!!
> >"Hilary Band" <hband_at_csc.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio

> [...]
com...
> >> "Andr Cl rmont" <clermand_at_hotmail.com> wrote
in message
Developer 6i.
the runtime installation?

> >> You do this from the installation CD (the
same one you used to install
> >> the Builder tools). When installing, select
Custom Installation
> >> instead of Typical Installation. This will
take you to a screen when
> >> you can select which components to install.
Select the runtime

Uncensored Usenet News ==----------
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1
Newsgroup Service in the World!