Re: oracle products version 9

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:40:21 +0100

Its really not a simple question, but a simplistic and possible approach would be
"Eder" <fred.eder_at_firemail.de> wrote in message news:1035451396.62849_at_news.liwest.at...
> Hi!
>
> I have sqlserver 2000 running. I make daily automatically imports to my
> database with sqlserver dts over an odbc connection to my database.
> Also I have a datawarehouse (olap server) with microsoft analysis server
> running. My clients works with microsoft access 2002 with my database.
> They make with access 2002 there Forms, Reports and Queries.
> The only product I need for that from microsoft is sqlserver 2000 and
office
> 2002.
>
> Now my question: which oracle products I need from oracle for my wishes
> (version 9)?
>

> Microsoft product name
> Oracle
> database server--> sqlserver 2000 enterprise edition ?
Oracle 9i EE
> import --> sqlserver 2000 enterprise edition ?
SQL*Loader (with above)
> olap server --> sqlserver 2000 enterprise edition ?
Oracle 9i EE
> olap client --> excel 2002
Excel 2002
> database client --> access 2002
Access 2002

Now you could move to a pure oracle solution with forms/reports/discoverer etc or equally employ other BI tools from third parties but the above is certainly one possible technical solution and shouldn't cause your users the hassle of learning new tools. It may or may not perform well.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA