Re: buttons affecting default queries..?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:13:56 GMT

Andrew Hurst wrote:

> Another bit of information, I was able to find out. It appears that in
> an ON-POPULATE-DETAILS query there is a statement that will return if
> System.Record_Status is NEW or INSERT. When run through the debugger,
> its set to NEW. This is when I supply a parameter of the proposal to
> retrieve. It should be QUERY, as I understand it. I'm going to keep
> looking, but if anyone has any suggestions on where to look on why or
> how that would change, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thanks for putting up with my constant posting...
>
> -Andrew
>
> Andrew Hurst wrote:
> > Karsten Farrell wrote:

> >> I assume you put the WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger at the correct level
> >> (button level)? If it's at the wrong level (where your year-click is),
> >> you will run the wrong query (or at least not the one you expect).
> >> This is just "grasping at straws" since adding what you did to the
> >> Form shouldn't break it.
> >>

> > I should have clarified, these are two different forms. There is
> > ALL_PROPOSALS which lists all of the proposals, then there is PROPOSALS
> > which gets called when you double-click on the year in the ALL_PROPOSALS
> > form.
> >
> > With that said, I went back and checked again. The problem didn't
> > surface after addition of the push button. It surfaced after the
> > addition of a radio group. Sorry for the wrong description of the
> > problem... (yay for versioning, cvs, and checking in after every new
> > feature, though :). I'm still trying to figure out why it would not
> > return any data, though.
> >
> > Here is the really odd part I just remembered (and verified again): When
> > I set up the network sniffer, and try to double click on the year to get
> > into the report, it gets some of the data, then it returns ORA-01403: no
> > data found. This is what I see in the traffic:
> >
> > ... stuff I can't tell what it is...
> > the (correct) query to get the data goes to the server, with :1 for the
> > proposal_id. Shortly (as in 20 chars or so later) the correct
> > proposal_id goes by as well.
> > The server responds with a list of columns from the table, about 20 or
> > so characters apart (each column name).
> > The server starts returning the correct data from the proposals table,
> > everything I've asked for.
> > About 1/3 of the way through the data, it ends with 'ORA-01403: no data
> > found'.
> >
> > So it appears that maybe its getting too much data back. Or maybe there
> > is a timeout set too low? This has never been a problem before, and I
> > can't see why a varchar2(20) column would really push us over the limit...
> >
> > Thanks for the help, and sorry for the initial confusion.
> >
> > -Andrew

One possibility is that the radio buttons have values precluded by a check constraint on the table ... or the values in the table conflict with the values in the radio buttons ... or you have nulls in your data and your radio buttons haven't a clue what to do with them.

BTW: Is there any version information here?

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Oct 26 2002 - 00:13:56 CEST

Original text of this message