How to call an Oracle Stored procedure from MSSQL Server Stored Procedure

From: Eric Levinson <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:57:50 GMT

Anyone on this list know how to call an Oracle Stored procedure (a function which returns a number) from within a Microsoft SQL Server stored procedure?

We are just using plain ODBC connections. We have a function called func and it takes 3 parameters, and returns a number.

The function is defined as:

func (str1, str2, str3) return NUMBER;

How, in SQL Server do I set up the three strings, then make the call, then get the NUMBER. I have seen a few articles on various web pages, but they are primarily for procedures, not functions, and they use ADO. I'm only really interested in an ODBC solution at the present time.

If you have any suggestions, or links, please email me at ericl at broderbund dot com, or post your responses here.

Thanks! Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 00:57:50 CEST

Original text of this message