Forms application: slow on 1 instance fast on all other

From: Stephan <test_at_test.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:15:36 GMT

[Quoted] Oracle 7.3.4 and higher. Forms 6i.

Hi,

Our forms application is fast for all instances, except 1.

I used TKPROF to analyze what's happening. I see some rows have timings of 3 seconds, while these timings are 0 on the normal/fast instances.

The only difference between the fast and slow instances is the amount of records in 1 certain table. This table -however- is NOT referenced in the form.

So I wonder: can 1 table -which is NOT used in the form- slow down that form?

I am seeking for a direction to figure out what's the cause.....

Thanks
Stephan Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 21:15:36 CEST

Original text of this message