Text_IO vs. UTL_FILE vs. dbms.output

From: Russ <rgkenneysr_at_cs.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 13:07:10 -0700

Hello,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am writing a procedure that creates a report; the procedure is [Quoted] stored on a Unix box. I need to run it from a Windows box using Forms 6 and the output needs to be written to the client pc. I know that Text_IO will do this, however, we don't have the package installed on our systems. I also know that UTL_FILE won't work for me because I don't have the dir path in my init.ora and since this is a production db, I can't take it down to put it in at this moment. My question is this: other than dbms.output (which looses it formatting) is there another way to do this task?

Thanks Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 22:07:10 CEST

Original text of this message