Re: sleepy group

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:26:18 GMT

Holger Linge wrote:

> >What gives ? Oracle tools are losing out in the big bad world out there ? Or
> >are they getting so good no one needs to ask questions about them ?
> >Wondering....
>
> Me too. Man, if i take a look at the problems i have with
> Oracle products every (work)day this group should be really
> high traffic. Perhaps they're all at Metalink and begging
> for mercey.

I haven't made a single request to metalink for support in more than two years. And that is supporting more than 50 individual databases on platforms ranging from Windows to Sun to HP. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for the cause of the problem.

[Quoted] I would attribute the lack of activity to the fact that the product is more mature, the community using it more mature, and the number of avenues for support ever expanding. Many people have figured out how to help themselves rather than ask others to do it for them. Try these for starters.

http://tahiti.oracle.com
http://otn.oracle.com
http://technet.oracle.com
http://docs.oracle.com

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Aug 26 2002 - 18:26:18 CEST

Original text of this message