Re: listener.ora, sid_list_listener and OEM

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:27:23 GMT

> did that - and now the node will not be discovered, I get a "VD-4520 -
> targets with the same name have already been discovered" error. There is
> another database on a different server that has the same SID, I am
> thinking that this may be the cause of it, but that still doesnt explain
> why the other instances werent being discovered.
>
> I will delete the node with the same SID on it and see what happens

That did the trick, if there is another database on the network with the same SID then it fails to discover any of the instances on the server, as soon as I deleted the "old" node with one of the earlier test instances on it then the 'new" one was discovered with all of the instances. Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 18:27:23 CEST

Original text of this message