listener.ora, sid_list_listener and OEM

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:38:28 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] On a new server that I have created several instances on there is no mention of these databases in the SID_LIST_LISTENERSID_LIST_LISTENER in the listener.ora, now I understand that this is not really neccesary being that they are all 8i instances.

The trouble is, that the datbases are not being discovered when the node is refreshed or disocvered in OEM. I added the databases to the listener.ora as Sybrand suggested in another thread, I did this via net 8 assistant. Checked the listener, they are now all listed, but when I rediscovered the node the databases still do not show up.

I have not run in to this problem with any of the other servers, databases were all discovered ok and I just checked their listener.ora files and the databases are listed in the SID_LIST_LISTENER

ideas on what to look for next?

TIA Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 23:38:28 CEST

Original text of this message