Re: listener.ora, sid_list_listener and OEM

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:20:09 GMT

Fahim wrote:

> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message

>> "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_nosp.yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Yes, in fact the discover nodes in OEM works fine, but just doesn't
>> > "see" and of the instances.
>> >

>> May be you should check snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora
>> They are created when the OIA starts and are being used in discovery.
>> Likely they are wrong.
>> Your oratab is correct, hopefully, isn't it?
>>
>> Hth
>
> Stop and start the agent again.
> Delete the node and discover it entirely.

[Quoted] [Quoted] did that - and now the node will not be discovered, I get a "VD-4520 - targets with the same name have already been discovered" error. There is another database on a different server that has the same SID, I am thinking that this may be the cause of it, but that still doesnt explain why the other instances werent being discovered.

I will delete the node with the same SID on it and see what happens Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 18:20:09 CEST

Original text of this message