Re: log in deny

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:52:39 +0100

"Laya Li" <lli_at_sos.state.tx.us> wrote in message news:6fb217d.0208011324.542824be_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi every one,
> I get log in problem when i migrant oci code from oracle 7i to oracle 8i.
> i use the same username and password, it works in oci 7i but not work in
oci 8i.

> my username and password is:
>
> text *username = (text *) "vrjw_at_vrjw.world";
> text *password = (text *) "voter";
>
> I get the following error message:
> Error - ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>
> Error - ORA-01012: not logged on

I hope that this isn't a publically accessible database that you have just posted the logon credentials for.

That aside , and assuming you haven't just got the username and password wrong - I suspect that your tnsnames alias is incorrect. The default domain (the .world bit) changed between Oracle 7 and 8i. Take a look in tnsnames.ora (assuming you use one) to see what the alias actually is. If it has no domain apended then either don't use one or use the default domain as listed in sqlnet.ora.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA