Intermedia Catalog Indexing

From: Richard <richard_at_stoparczyk.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 20:53:19 -0400

[Quoted] I just got hit with the requirement to have dynamic indexing on text strings [Quoted] (for real time post and look up) and was wondering if anyone has experience [Quoted] with InterMedia 81.7 and the Catalog indexing.

My scenario is a text column, reverse sort on date on results, and the text [Quoted] column typically has 200 characters in it.

The part that scares me is that at the end of the year I will have a two [Quoted] month period where my user community of 35k+ will be pounding the system as [Quoted] they get there year ends in via the web.

[Quoted] I have used Context indexing previously but I cannot be altering the index [Quoted] every transaction.

Does anyone have experience they can share, horror stories, or alternatives?

Thanks,

Richard. Received on Mon Aug 05 2002 - 02:53:19 CEST

Original text of this message