Re: Speeding up a cursor in Forms

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:02:31 +0200

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:40:59 +0000 (UTC), Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid> wrote:

>I´ve a Form which has a cursor declared as:
>
>cursor C_xxxx is
>
> select blabla
> from ....
> where <table.column> = <value returned from a procedure>
>
>This run really slow, but if I remove the procedure call it
>executes almost instantly. I´ve though in the solution:
>
>cursor C_xxx(parameter = value returned by the procedure) is

> where <table.column> = parameter
>
>but my doubt is:
>
>Does somebody knows any better solution, like making indexes
>inside the procedure (already done without any significant
>effect) or other?
>
>Thanks a lot for your patience and attention

Nobody here is certified to be clairvoyant. Please avoid speaking in riddles and asking too generic questions. The generic answer is that calling procedures, which themselves access the database, is a bad idea and will result in disaster applications.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 20:02:31 CEST

Original text of this message