Speeding up a cursor in Forms

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:40:59 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] [Quoted] I´ve a Form which has a cursor declared as:

cursor C_xxxx is

   select blabla
   from ....
   where <table.column> = <value returned from a procedure>

This run really slow, but if I remove the procedure call it executes almost instantly. I´ve though in the solution:

cursor C_xxx(parameter = value returned by the procedure) is

  where <table.column> = parameter

[Quoted] but my doubt is:

Does somebody knows any better solution, like making indexes inside the procedure (already done without any significant effect) or other?

Thanks a lot for your patience and attention

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma Aste

Sting - They Dance Alone...