Re: Sound from Forms 6

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:10:58 GMT

Álvaro Palma Aste wrote:

> Daniel Morgan escribió:
> >Álvaro Palma Aste wrote:
>
> >> Is it possible to generate, from Forms 6, sound through the
> >> loudspeaker, not the audio card? This is for an application that
> >> will run in a lot of cheap PC that doesn´t have audio cards.
> >>
> >> I´ve thought in an external program in C, which would be called
> >> from Forms, but I like to know if there's a direct solution
> >>
> >> Thanks a lot
> >>
> >> --
> >> Atte.
> >> Álvaro Palma Aste
> >> Grupo de Ing. Biomédica
> >> Depto. de Ing. Eléctrica - U. de Chile
> >> ******************************************************
> >> It's the only form of protest they're allowed
> >> I've seen their silent faces scream so loud
> >> If they were to speak these words they'd go missing too
> >> Another woman on a torture table what else can they do
> >>
> >> Sting - They Dance Alone...
>
> >Yes. Look at the ITEM TYPE options in the property palette. One of them
> >is SOUND.
>
> >Daniel Morgan
>
> But this item represents sounds, not beeps able to be played in
> the speaker
>
> --
> Atte.
> Álvaro Palma Aste
> Grupo de Ing. Biomédica
> Depto. de Ing. Eléctrica - U. de Chile
> It's the only form of protest they're allowed
> I've seen their silent faces scream so loud
> If they were to speak these words they'd go missing too
> Another woman on a torture table what else can they do
>
> Sting - They Dance Alone...

<RANT>

[Quoted] Your point being?

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was expecting that you might show enough initiative to find out what sounds and features were available. Had you done so you would have seen the ability to choose mono or stereo. Sound formats like WAVE, AU, AIFF, and AIFF_C. Sound compression. And select different sound qualities. Instead you wanted me to what? Spoon feed it to you as I have just done? Or do yo not recognize that WAVE files are more than meer beeps?

[Quoted] And some people wonder why I get a bit frustrated at times. You give someone the correct answer with sufficient information that all they need to do is perform a single mouse click, or heaven forbid, Press F1 for help, and you get a response like this from an electrical engineer?

</RANT>

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 17:10:58 CEST

Original text of this message