Re: API for the programm EXP

From: Rauf Sarwar <rsarwar_at_ifsna.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 23:34:25 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<s78phus5j1vb3ljiadq3irv4625ajni2o5_at_4ax.com>...
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:22:53 +0200, "Nicolas Bronke" <bronke_at_gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Does exist an API, so that it is possible to execute the Programm EXP from
> >an application (perhaps written in Delphi)?
> >
> >Regards
> >Nicolas
> >

> The obvious answer is NO, as exp is a separate tool.
> If there would have been an API, it would also have been documented.
>
> Regards
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Oracle Call Interface (OCI) is a set of low-level APIs used to interact with Oracle databases. Tools like PLSQL Developer use OCI and also has a built in functionality to do Export/Import using oracle's EXP and IMP tools. Not sure how they do it but it is worth checking.

Read more about OCI at
http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a89857/toc.htm

PLSQL Developer at http://www.allroundautomations.com

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Sat Jun 29 2002 - 08:34:25 CEST

Original text of this message