Re: Oracle 10.8 vs. 11i: The Good, Bad, Ugly and Unknown

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:15:06 GMT

george lewycky wrote:

> We are currently battling Oracle and 11i under NT and I have suggested
> we revert back to 10.8 and I would like to hear from others in the field
> about this version.
>
> Can anyone tell me the good, bad and the ugly of the previous major release
> and about the trials and tribulations with functions such as Customer Interfaces
> and installation.
>
> Has ANYONE had any success with the installation, interfaces of 11i ??
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> George Lewycky
> NY City Transit Authority
> Brooklyn, NYC
> gelewyc_at_nyct.com

Just about everyone I know is using 11i.

And reverting back to a version that is so old I presume it is no longer supported [Quoted] doesn't sound like a good solution.

Other than using the word "battling" you don't give even a hint as to what is [Quoted] actually wrong. The questions I have could fill a small book and include:

  1. What version of the database on what platform and operating system?
  2. Which Oracle11i application(s)?
  3. What consultants with previous experience have you retained and have failed?

[Quoted] Oracle applications are not a do-it-yourself project like installing MS Office.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 22:15:06 CEST

Original text of this message