Re: m:n relationship in Oracle Forms?

From: Thomas Konrath <thomas.konrath_at_fh-joanneum.at>
Date: 25 May 2002 08:07:47 +0200

[Quoted] Bill Thorsteinson <billthor_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 24 May 2002 18:55:15 +0200, Thomas Konrath <thomas.konrath_at_fh-joanneum.at>
>wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know, how I can create a module in Oracle designer 6i, where it is
>>possible to display a m:n relationship? I am able to create the module in the
>>designer, but when I want to generate the forms module, the error message “Many-
>>to-one relationships are not supported by this generator” is displayed.
>>

>>Thanks for help …
>>

>>Cu
>>Tom
>>

>>Example tables:
>>

>>Tbl_title(*tlt_id, tlt_name,…)
>>Tbl_people(*ppl_id,ppl_name,…)
>>Tbl_artist(*tlt_id, *plp_id)
>
>You haven't finished the design. You can do a conceptual design using M:N
>relationships, but to make a physical design, you need to create or get
>designer to create the relationship table. This will break you relationship
>into an M:1 relationship and a 1:N relationship with the generated table in
>the middle. You should be able to generate then.

HI !!!
Yes, you are right, but I already broke my m:n relationship between tlb_title and tbl_people into a 1:m and n:1 (that’s why I have the table tlb_artist with the primary keys of the two tables).

[Quoted] tbl_title 1:m tbl_artist n:1 tlb_people

In the oracle designer, I still can not generate the module. If I have the table tbl_artist as a main table in a module component, I can make a lookup to tbl_people and tbl_title in the SAME component. But I want to have the table tbl_title as a new component with a key based link between these two components. Still, I can design this in the Oracle Designer, but I get an error Message, when I generate the module.

Tom

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de