Re: m:n relationship in Oracle Forms?

From: Bill Thorsteinson <billthor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:42:58 -0400

[Quoted] On 24 May 2002 18:55:15 +0200, Thomas Konrath <thomas.konrath_at_fh-joanneum.at> wrote:

>Does anybody know, how I can create a module in Oracle designer 6i, where it is
>possible to display a m:n relationship? I am able to create the module in the
>designer, but when I want to generate the forms module, the error message “Many-
>to-one relationships are not supported by this generator” is displayed.
>

>Thanks for help …
>

>Cu
>Tom
>

>Example tables:
>

>Tbl_title(*tlt_id, tlt_name,…)
>Tbl_people(*ppl_id,ppl_name,…)
>Tbl_artist(*tlt_id, *plp_id)

You haven't finished the design. You can do a conceptual design using M:N relationships, but to make a physical design, you need to create or get designer to create the relationship table. This will break you relationship into an M:1 relationship and a 1:N relationship with the generated table in the middle. You should be able to generate then. Received on Sat May 25 2002 - 01:42:58 CEST

Original text of this message