Sorting data in forms

From: Stjepan Brbot <stjepan.brbot_at_zg.hinet.hr>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:24:24 +0200

[Quoted] I have two joined data tables (TabA,TabB): (tabA_FK-->tabB_PK)

    TableA columns: tabA_PK,name,tabB_FK     TableB columns: tabB_PK,occupation

How to create in Oracle Forms6i one block showing the content of TableA but ordered by 'ocupation' from TableB.

I know do this in SQL:

    SELECT name FROM tabA,tabB WHERE tabA_FK=tabB_PK ORDER BY occupation

but in this SQL statement there are two tables included. In form data block I can include only one table.

OK, I can create view from previous SQL statement and show it in forms block but in this case I cannot do updates in block!

How to create updatable block where data is oredered by content of joined table?

--

Stjepan Brbot