Re: How to compile Pro*C with Borland Command line tools (BCC32.exe)

From: John Brown <johnbrown105_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2002 07:17:36 -0700

"MC" <mcherukuri_at_msn.nospam.com> wrote in message news:<54XE8.500909$K52.85625618_at_typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>...
> Does anybody now more details about this utility?
> Can this IMPLIB be used to import from MS compatible libraries?

IMPLIB should be in the same directory with BCC32.EXE and the other executables. Unfortunately, I don't remember the syntax, but it should be something like :

C:\>implib mydll.dll

which would generate an import library called mydll.lib. When you link to mydll.lib, you would then be able to call functions in mydll.dll

All of this is assuming that C:\ORACLE\ORA81\PRECOMP\LIB\ORASQL8.LIB is an import library, i.e., a stub with references to code that is actually in a DLL. You would need to now which DLL corresponds to ORASQL8.LIB. It is probably, but not necessarily, a file called ORASQL8.DLL. If this library is a static library, then this procedure would not work.

I am only answering this question generaly, since I have never built a Pro*C program with any compiler. Someone with more specific knowledge of Pro*C would have to fill in the blanks. You can try searching the archives at http://groups.google.com. I found a number of posts on this topic while I was looking for yours. Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 16:17:36 CEST

Original text of this message