Re: Sorting data in forms

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:15:19 GMT

Stjepan Brbot wrote:

> I have two joined data tables (TabA,TabB): (tabA_FK-->tabB_PK)
>
> TableA columns: tabA_PK,name,tabB_FK
> TableB columns: tabB_PK,occupation
>
> How to create in Oracle Forms6i one block showing the content of TableA
> but ordered by 'ocupation' from TableB.
>
> I know do this in SQL:
>
> SELECT name FROM tabA,tabB WHERE tabA_FK=tabB_PK ORDER BY occupation
>
> but in this SQL statement there are two tables included. In form data
> block I can include only one table.
>
> OK, I can create view from previous SQL statement and show it in forms
> block but in this case I cannot do updates in block!
>
> How to create updatable block where data is oredered by content of
> joined table?
>
> --
>
> Stjepan Brbot

You could update by coding the update statement into the trigger and refreshing the form to reflect the change. You could put an INSTEAD OF trigger onto the view. You could base your block on a stored procedure rather than a table or view. There are many possibilities.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 17:15:19 CEST

Original text of this message