Oracle HTTPD connection hang

From: David Nixon <djn_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: 16 May 2002 10:29:38 GMT

Hello,

        I'm running Oracle release 8.1.7, under HP-UX 11.0, and have a "backend" database server which I would like to access via a Web portal.

 To this end I have installed Oracle HTTPD on a separate machine; with a view to connecting to my server via the 'mod_jserv' component. However I have hit an unexpected problem with the supplied Apache server. Attempts to connect to port 7777 from a Web browser result in an initial connection, but never get a reply from the Web server.

 The Apache error log always records:

      [error] (9)Bad file number: accept: (client socket)

[Quoted]  I've looked at the relevant Apache source code and I can't see why this socket accept() call would fail on an unstressed machine (HP A400) that has all the latest OS patches.,

Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw some light on this issue.

David Nixon ---- University of Liverpool Computer Science Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 12:29:38 CEST

Original text of this message