Re: Barcodes in Oracle Reports?????

From: Aurelio Martin <amartin_at_traza-si.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:22:47 +0200

"Anders Svejgård" <googlegroup_at_svejgaard.com> escribió en el mensaje news:abe12a.0205150017.69ffe09b_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi!
>
> Is it posible to print barcodes in oracle reports?
>
> I'm having this problem:
> I need to make a report, where one of the numbers allso is printed out
> like a barcode. Is that possible in 8 or 9i ?
>

> Regards
> _at_nders, Denmark

There are lots of ways to do it, depending on the type of barcode you want to print

E.g, for Postal Address barcodes (U.S.A.), there are fonts available. One text or number displayed with one of these fonts is printed like a barcode.

E.g. for EAN-13 there are no fonts available, so you must create the graphic image equivalent to the barcode and insert it into the report. If the barcode is always the same, create a GIF file with it (paint it or scan it) and import it into the Layout Model of the report. If the barcode changes (fetched from the database), maybe you can create an Oracle Graphics graphic program ( .OGD ) with a parameter (the code) which displays the appropriate barcode, and insert it into the report. Years ago, I created one myself, in Graphics 2.0 or 2.5. Maybe if I find it, I can send it to you, if that's what you need.

Hope this helps

    Aurelio Martin Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 13:22:47 CEST

Original text of this message