Re: Import of data Excel by Oracle Forms 6.i

From: guycorbett_at_my-deja.com <(guycorbett_at_my-deja.com)>
Date: 16 May 2002 01:00:43 -0700

"news.opennet.it" <gas70_at_ciaoweb.it> wrote in message news:<3ce0d19d_at_news.opennet.it>...
> Can You help me? I have the following problem.
> I'll want import file, in format Excel, on DataBase Oracle, by Oracle Form
> 6.
> How I can do?
>
> Thanks
> Paolo

I find the simplest way to do this is to use Excel to create a sqlplus command file.
Insert a new worksheet and type in a1 something like ="insert into test values('"&sheet1!a1&"',&sheet1!b1&");" this will translate to insert into test values('ABC',123); where ABC and 123 are the values from the first row on sheet1. Then drag this down to autofill as many rows as you have in sheet1. Then save this sheet as a space delimited file e.g. test.prn in your sqlplus working directory. Change the extension from test.prn to test.sql and then type _at_test in sqlplus to insert the records. It may not be quick but for a one-off it is a simple method. Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 10:00:43 CEST

Original text of this message