Oracle Gateway links to Informix

From: Sean Kelsey <seank_at_teepee.demon.co.uk>
Date: 16 May 2002 01:34:59 -0700

We are having a few problems with the oracle gateway product in attempting to connect the Oracle server to an Informix instance.

Each time we attempt to connect to the Informix instance we get the error message:-

SQL> select * from f_fund_at_IFMX_MIS;
select * from f_fund_at_IFMX_MIS

                     *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:
[Transparent gateway for INFORMIX]393330(0,0,1[[Error -25596: The INFORMIXSERVER value is not listed in the sqlhosts file or the Registry.
]])
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from IFMX_MIS

The error reported is an Informix message indicating that the INFORMIXSERVER value isn't located in the sqlhosts file. We have set this environment variable equal to the informix server listed within the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file
but still having difficulty.

Any/all help is very much appreciated.

Please respond to sean.kelsey_at_moneyline.com

Thanks in anticipation

S. Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 10:34:59 CEST

Original text of this message