Re: sending mail fromdb9i: scheduling dial-up

From: Stuart Turton <sturton_at_maderich.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:51:06 GMT

Having to "schedule starting dial-up connection, sending mail, and disconnecting" sounds hard ... I'm lazy.

I would break down the task into 2 sub-tasks:- a) send mail from 9i database to your mail server on (or before) a specified time each day (you have done this already); b) schedule a dialup connection on your mail server at a specified time each day (that's what mail servers are good at).

It doesn't seem to be an oracle problem.