Designer6i with Oracle9i

From: jocob <jocob_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:40:44 -0400

[Quoted] I install Oracle9i (9.0.1) EE in W2K server (Itl), and create a DB named DB1 with DBCA. I also install the Oracle Designer6i software in the same server.I create a user named USER1 ( default tablespace USER, temp tablespace TEMP with unlimited quotation). I also grant all the privileges and roles that show in the "Check privilege requirement" in the Repository Admin Utility", but when I start to generate, I get an error: You don't have the privilege to view sys.V_$PARAMETER. But I can access this view through SQL*PLUS by connecting the DB1 using the user USER1. Seems strange!

Can anyone have idea or experience on it? Or what system/object privileges and roles should I grant to USER1?

TIA Jocob Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 01:40:44 CEST

Original text of this message