Re: ProC precompiler questions

From: Billy O'Connor <billy_at_dpscon.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:44:20 GMT

"Neil Talsania" <neil.talsania_at_kodak.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am new to oracle, SQL, and databases in general, so I have a number of
> questions. I am trying to integrate database calls into a current C++
> program running on windows 2000. My first basic question is whether the
> precompiler is a better method than the OCI? It seemed like it would be more
> straight forward, so I elected to initially go down that path. I wrote the
> following test program and it makes the connection OK, but then it crashes
> on the insert command. Any clues as to why? Also, I notice that in order to
> get the CPP file to compile, I need to cut the include files and paste them
> at the top of the generated file? Any ideas why?

Whoah! No way should you have to do this. How would makefiles work?! Can you get the example programs to compile? Assuming you have oracle 9i, in the $ORACLE_HOME\precomp\demo\proc directory does "make -f demo_proc.mk cppsamples" succeed? Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 10:44:20 CEST

Original text of this message