Re: Oracle Reports Error..... URGENT

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 09:06:13 GMT

"Jac" <jacxine_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:aac7sf$b1c1_at_medusa.qualitynet.net...
> Hi, I'm running Oracle reports 8.0.6 (client: WinNT WS) in an Oracle 8.1.7
> database on Netware 5.0.
> In all th reports that are run, after the report is brought up on the
> screen, I've tried generating the report to a file (eg. PDF, HTML, RTF).
the
> reports runtime generates a Dr. Watson error with the following message:
>
> An application error has occured and an application error log is being
> generated
> RWRBE60.exe
> Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x5fe399d5

I believe 8.0.6 refers most likely to the Oracle Client, not Oracle reports. At any rate, first of all I'd install release 2 if you've not already done so.
Check that you've got runtime components version 6.0.8.11.3. or later. I came across the most improbable errors using the previous version and, indeed, I wasted a lot of time trying to make it work on Win2K. I'd bet this will solve most of your problems, unless, of course, your system does not meet the minimum requirements but I guess this is not the case, isn't it ?

BTW, did you call rwisv60 directly or runrw60 with "background=yes" ? If the latter applies, try as a last attempt rwisv60, this process seems slightly more efficient, you never know...

Hope it works!
Flavio Received on Sat Apr 27 2002 - 11:06:13 CEST

Original text of this message