Problems with NLS_LANG in Linux

From: Frederico Faria <fred_faria_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: 25 Apr 2002 14:22:44 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted]  I use SQLPlUS client without problems with the configuration

   NLS_LANG= // space as one unset variable

  Now , I have other oracle tool that need UTF-8 character configuration.But this tool doesn work with the above configuration ( I get ORA-12705 ).

[Quoted] When I try to set one value different to NLS_LANG variable my sqlplus doesnt connect to my Oracle server. Of course, nor my other oracle tool.

 How would I specify the NLS_LANG variable to support UTF-8 without affect the sqlplus ? I think that in this way, the oracle tool could work.

Thank you,

Faria Received on Thu Apr 25 2002 - 23:22:44 CEST

Original text of this message