Re: Reports with more than 2 destinations

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:09:41 GMT

[Quoted] Well, that sounds a bit too overengineered, doesn't it? Why not letting the report tool do most of the job for you ? If the second destination is always a PDF file, I'd suggest to put the SRW.RUN_REPORT call within a trigger firing at the end of the report, (or at [Quoted] the beginning, depending on what you prefer to do first or on some other constraints).
In this fashion you still have one report call that kicks off the second one automatically.

[Quoted] The good news is that most of the run time parameters should already be there, you'll need to change only the destination name, type, format and other minor details perhaps.
You might also want to consider sending the PDF report to a different server [Quoted] queue if using a report server, so that you don't put too much burden on the [Quoted] same engine, but this will apply only if you install the report server component.
If you are using the report server, be aware that any file paths you specify [Quoted] will refer to the server, not the client!

For further info, you could check page 109 of the Reports Reference Manual (A73174_01) where there are some high-level suggestions regarding the possible implementations of this procedure.

Bye,
Flavio