Re: Access or no Access? That's the question!

From: Luis Cabral <luiscabral99_at_ig.com.br>
Date: 4 Feb 2002 02:26:51 -0800

Hi

I think there is very few options to do this. One of them is using Kylix, that is Delphi for linux. Oracle forms also has its version for linux.

For multi-platform development, I can only think of Java, but I think it is too little productive to make client/server applications. Except if the app you want to build is very simple, I dont recommend Java. And you will have to learn java, what is not easy (at least, that's what I think)...

You can use an app server running in linux and build a web application using Java (servlets/jsp) or PHP (that I think much easier). Then, you will be able to access such application from any computer that has a browser.

Luis Cabral