Re: Is There Any SQL*Plus Command To Display Table Relationships?

From: MarkyG <markg_at_mymail.tm>
Date: 4 Feb 2002 02:59:12 -0800

[Quoted] I *think* i know where Daniel is comming from in his post.

You will definately need the foreign key scripts which are posted in this thread to gain an overview of table relationships. You should be 80% there using those.

What I have experienced in the past on databases is that you cannot gain all the table relationships that way since not all fields are linked via foreign keys etc by the DBA.
Also there are 'implied business' ones as well (e.g If you take a substring of a field and link it to another you get some result etc). You will only know about this over time once you get cosy with your data (and time with DBA work collegues).

Mark