Re: SQL or Java?

From: andrey <aakit_at_softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:43:13 +0300

[Quoted] It would. C program >100 times faster then Oracle server, because it use native compiled code.
Rare C program with "Hello world" functionality exceeds processors cash, so boost can be enormouse.

SQL or Java?
Use sqlloader to load data in temporary table. Then make several simple updates in sqlplus or parse data with pl/sql procedure.

> I think that really depends upon whether relational lookups are necessary
for
> the "cleansing" process. If they are, I seriously doubt that the C/C++
> implementation using only plain text files would be nearly as fast
Oracle...