Re: 9iAS Portal Install

From: AF <af_at_nospaming.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:50:14 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] That is not quite right. In another forum I was given the instructions to Set the O7 parameter to True and some other settings I may have missed (but they are in the release notes) The Settings are below. And after reading the Release notes more thoroughly this time I found out I will need a patch because the install uses a net8 lite that is not compatible with 9iDB. But the release notes to state the Portal is compatible with 9iDB.

[Quoted] Here are the Confg parameters for using Portal with 9iDB: Title : re:Help: Installing 9iAS O/S : MS Windows POST: REPLY (W/QUOTE) Author : Mathew Type : Question
Date : Jan 14, 2002 22:30 PT
  Hi,

Please try the following steps,

  1. Modify the following init.ora parameters
  2. db_cache_size=33554432
  3. open_cursors=300
  4. java_pool_size=67108864
  5. large_pool_size=67108864
  6. processes=200
  7. O7_dictionary_accessibility=true
  8. job_queue_processes=3 2.Restart the database 3 Resize the database tablespaces INDX: 50 MB SYSTEM: 550 MB UNDOTBS: 150 MB USERS: 200 MB TEMP: 100 MB
Thanks,
Mathew

Again do not forget to apply the patches that are outlined in the release notes.