Re: Getting Ora 12203 when connecting from Discoverer

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:00:14 +0100

anil chada wrote:

> Frank --
>
> Thanks for the information. It worked..........
> I am able to conect to database from discoverer.
>
> Just curious..
> What is the significance of the information at HKLM\Software\Oracle
> level?
<snip>
> > are you switching homes? Don't. And add tns_admin 1 level up:
> > HKLM\Software\Oracle
Depends on the type of s/w you loaded;
V7 (more precisely: single-home products) only reads HKLM\Software\Oracle.
V8i (or: multi-home products) read the correct level, if not defined at a more
  general (that is: HKLM\Software\Oracle) level. And there's this grey middle section of products that do not fully support
multiple homes, but can be installed in a multiple home environment. Don't know about discoverer, but my guess is that fall in the grey category.

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel