Getting Ora 12203 when connecting from Discoverer

From: anil chada <anil.chada_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Dec 2001 13:10:37 -0800

Hi --

[Quoted]   I installed Oracle 8.1.6 in OraHome816 (c:\oracle\ora816) oracle home, and
  i installed Oracle discoverer administration edition 4.1.37 in ora_disc(c:\oracle\discoverer) oracle home

  Now i am able to connect the database from the SQL*PLUS installed in OraHome816 oracle home, but i am unable connect to the database   from discoverer.

  TO fix this...

  I got rid of sqlnet.ora tnsnames.ora files located under %Ora_disc/net80/admin directory and set the TNS_ADMIN value for ora_disc oracle
  home as c:\oracle\ora816\network\admin.

  Now discover is pointing to the tnsnames.ora file in oraHome816 oracle home, but still i am unable to connect to oracle from discoverer.

  I am pretty sure it is looking at %orahome816/network/admin when i try to connect, because when i set the trace parameters in sqlnet.ora file
  it was able to read the parameters and produce an trace file.

  I went through the trace file and i found one interesting message saying "PROTOCOL.ORA is not found". I checked all the oracle homes, but
  i did not see PROTOCOL.ORA file.

  Can any one suggest me, how i can fix this problem.

Thanks
Anil Chada Received on Wed Dec 26 2001 - 22:10:37 CET

Original text of this message